Job Title: Business Manager
Reports To: President and CEO for the Center for Fine Arts Education
General Summary: The position of Donor Engagement and Business Manager has two primary responsibilities. The first is the general financial and contractual management for both CFAE (a for-profit corporation) and its not-for-profit clients. The second is donor engagement, grant management, and general advertising sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the President and CEO to develop financial objectives and budgets.
- Coordinate financial preparation and management with the President and CEO and contracted Finance Manager.
- Manage approved budget line items.
- Review and develop client contracts in collaboration with the President/CEO of CFAE.
- Review and collaborate with assigned staff on hotel contracts.
- Work with the designated insurance agent to manage appropriate coverage for CFAE and clients.
- Process accounts payable, accounts receivable, daily deposits, and other financial processes as assigned.
- Work with the Director of Operations to prepare and submit required reports including, but not limited to, the annual report online filing with the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations.
Development and Sales
- Assist with the developing of a comprehensive case statement for support of the Associations, based on long-range plan; update annually.
- Research funding sources and prepare grant applications from agencies that provide arts and/or education funding and manage the grant application process.
- Provide critical support to the Finance Manager for grant reporting.
- Oversee the development and production of all materials used to support the Associations' fund-raising events and campaigns.
- Management of non-dues revenue sales, including conference exhibit space, sponsorships, and advertising, for all clients.
Provide technical support for custom applications wherever needed (e.g., online membership payment, tracking and reporting, conference registration, conference schedule and the association(s) website).
Other Duties as Assigned
- Highly effective verbal, non-verbal, and written communication methods for external and internal audiences.
- Effective Sales attributes (e.g., positivity, confidence, enthusiasm, passion, initiative, persistence, relationship development).
- Work effectively with a diverse group of people to facilitate cross-division work.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of for-profit and not-for-profit finance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management software.
- Demonstrated aptitude for donor development, grant management, and sales.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks for clients and meet goals and deadlines.
Education AND/OR Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of Not-for-Profit associations
- Comfort working with non-financial staff to obtain information needed for financial purposes
- Awareness of Fine Art Education
Physical and Other Requirements: To successfully perform the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to prepare equipment and materials as needed for meetings and conferences, including lifting and moving up to 15-pound boxes as necessary.
The location of this position will be at the Center for Fine Arts Education in Tallahassee, Florida.
This position description is intended to cover the primary purposes and essential functions of the position. Employees will receive job-related instructions and appropriate training, and be required to perform additional job-related functions requested by the President/CEO.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Dr. Kathleen Sanz, President & CEO: kdsanz@CFAEFL.org